Sunday 12 April 2015

Crystals

Inspiration can come from some slightly odd places. In this case,  walking the dog.

It wasn't really that I'd seen anything relating to what I made, just that I'd been turning over a few ideas for something after listening to Of Monster's and Men's new single, Crystals, and trying to sort out something to put on paper (or screen).




The typeface was made in Adobe Illustrator, and added the triangles to try to get a geode style effect. Hopefully I'll get round to completing the typeface, so stay posted for updates on that.
I actually learned a lot of what I know through creating type for a logo back in college (come on, who doesn't love a good old fashioned geometric sans serif?), and would really recommend having a play with shapes to improve you knowledge of Illustrator, if that's what you're looking to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment