Sunday 8 February 2015

Hand in Hand



Three of the things I love more than anything are music, language (you know, words and all that malarkey) and of course, typography. It goes without saying really that the thing I doodle more than anything else is is song lyrics -- give me a piece of paper and pretty quickly it'll be smothered with whatever's stuck in my head that day. 

It's pretty rare though that anything ever makes it past the doodle stage. So, while desperately trying to come up with a new project with myself, an opportunity cropped up in the shape of a song I've pretty much had on repeat for the last few days. 



With a bit of spare time on my hands (well, more specifically whilst I was avoiding doing something boring which really needed doing), I started digitising some sketched lyrics from Hand in Hand with a pen tablet and realised how much I enjoyed putting them together.

This turned into me wondering how difficult the words would be to animate with the music (I'm a child of the noughties, YouTube was packed full of these in my day). 

With a bit of playing around in Keynote (which I was introduced to thanks to a project from earlier this year) I managed to get a few things working. I'd encourage anyone to have a go at little personal projects like this -- they're great fun and you learn so much just through playing around.

So here's the progress so far (Minus sound unfortunately!). There's still a very long way to go !

No comments:

Post a Comment